Careers at BEF
A Great Place to Work
BEF is consistently recognized as one of the Best 100 Nonprofits and Best 100 Green Workplaces in Oregon, a distinction of which we are extremely proud.
Excellent Pay and Time Off/Healthcare Benefits
403(b) Retirement Plan with 5% Match
Employer Paid Professional Development
Work From Home and Flexible Schedule Options
Fun Staff Retreats, Outings, and Events
Business for Water Stewardship Program Coordinator
Hybrid remote in Portland, OR 97201
$54,000.00 - $59,000.00
Business for Water Stewardship Program Coordinator
BEF is an entrepreneurial nonprofit working on environmental solutions at the intersection of renewable energy and freshwater. Partnerships are key to our success. We build long-term relationships with our corporate, utility and philanthropic partners by first understanding their goals and needs and providing solutions that achieve those goals while achieving real, measurable environmental benefits.
Who are we looking for?
Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF) is seeking a Program Manager to join our Business for Water Stewardship Team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment and has the ability to provide high-impact work, skills and project management to our company, partners, and mission.
BEF’s Business for Water Stewardship Team helps businesses work collaboratively with community and policy stakeholders to advance solutions that ensure people, economies, and ecosystems have enough clean water to flourish. We invite tribal nations, agriculture, food, beverage or technology companies, community organizations, environmental advocates, and policymakers to join us to transform how we collectively value, use, and manage water today.
The Program Manager’s core responsibilities include researching watershed conditions, projects and watershed groups, reaching out to those organizations and building partnerships, and then developing supporting documentation and tracking to ensure program success.
Why Join Us? Our Values Are:
Partnership: We believe we can accomplish more by bringing people together.
Adaptability: We evolve, adapt, and apply what we learn to constantly improve our results.
Knowledge: We seek out and value diverse perspectives, embrace new ideas, and pioneer new approaches.
Innovation: We recognize the scope and pace of the change we need demands that we innovate. This need for innovation inspires and energizes us.
Integrity: We are honest with our employees, customers, and our partners. We promise to always deliver the best possible outcomes for the environment and people we serve.
- Conduct research on watershed conditions and needs, project opportunities, organizations, legal considerations, and policies affecting the management of water.
- Develop background information on targeted watersheds where BEF is working on behalf of its partners.
- Update BWS team members for easy access to key information about issues, opportunities, needs, and partners that are relevant to water stewardship.
- Research other topics related to BWS business.
- Provide briefing materials for BWS team members describing research findings.
- Produce maps identifying project locations.
- Project outreach/development – contact prospective partners to learn about programs and projects
- Draft documents (project descriptions, project solicitations (RFPs/RFIs), reports to partners)
- Manage a system for tracking projects and project leads
- Support BWS partners and consultants with data needs, answer questions, coordinate review of documents, and track volumetric benefits
Education and/or Experience Requirement:
- A U.S bachelor’s degree or equivalent international degree or 5-7 years of equivalent professional experience.
Job specific skills requirements:
- Background in hydrology, aquatic ecology, water policy, water management, watershed science or related field.
- Experience with Google and Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate program needs and proactively address those needs.
- Experience researching, documenting, organizing, and presenting complex information to clients and team members.
- Passion for learning about watersheds, innovative water management approaches, institutions, policies, and eco-cultural practices.
- Enthusiasm to collaborate with a diverse set of partners including those with different educational, ethnic, political, gender, and cultural backgrounds and experiences.
- Thrives in a fast paced, creative, and rapidly evolving field.
- Ability to work in a virtual workplace – working autonomously but staying connected with the team.
- Willing to work in a culture of continual growth with a focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
What’s in it for you:
- Salary Range: $54,000-$59,000 per year DOE.
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Life insurance for employees; 75% subsidized for family/dependents.
- Retirement plan with 5% employer matching contribution.
- Generous PTO and Vacation Policy including alternative care and self-care leave.
- Four Week paid sabbatical after first 6 years, then every 5 years thereafter
- Opportunity to grow through training and development including a generous paid professional development budget.
- Hybrid/Remote work environment.
How to Apply:
For more information, please visit: http://www.b-e-f.org/why-bef/careers/
For consideration, please apply online with your resume, list of potential references and a cover letter with relevant experience attached and salary requirements to Email Address/Hyperlink/Fax Number by Date.
Bonneville Environmental Foundation is an EEO employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Get the latest updates on our work delivered to your inbox.